LED Light Therapy
Let your healthy skin glow by harnessing the power of light!
LED Light Therapy Facial
LED – Light emitting Diode treatments or Photo-Facial! Is the perfect non invasive skin treatment which can be used to treat a multitude of skin concerns. Lights which are emitted at different wavelengths can be used to treat and activate cells within the skin.
Led was first discovered and invented by Nasa to grow plants in space, it was then used to treat serious wound injuries by medicals during the 1990’s . The healing power from red light particularly was used to safely promote healing within the skin. Since then it has been found that light emitted at particular wavelengths can be harnessed to use within the beauty industry.
LED – The perfect standalone treatment or add on to any of our facials meaning you can boost your facial while relaxing in our comfy heated bed.
LED Facial Treatment - Prices
|LED Express Light Therapy Facial (30 mins)||£49|
|LED Glow Light Therapy Facial (60 mins)||£69|
|LED Pure Light Therapy Facial (60 mins)||£69|
|LED Refresh Light Therapy Facial (60 mins)||£69|
- Red – Deep repair, increases elasticity.
- Blue – Remove acne and inhibit bacteria.
- Yellow – Improves wrinkle and enhance immunity.
- Green – Lightens blemishes and calms the skin.
- Purple – Improves fine lines.
- Cyan – Deep metabolism and control oil.
- Acne / Maskne / Scarring
- Eczema / Psoriasis / Dermatitis
- Dull skin
- Age spots / Sun damage
What happens during the LED Light Therapy treatment?
During your LED Facial treatment your skin will be cleansed and prepped using ClinicCare cleanser, toner and Enzyme Peel. We then ask you to lie back and relax while we decide which area or areas of concern are to be treated. We can programme the LED Facial Bath to target a specific concern or we can use it to treat several concerns in 1 treatment.
Whichever you choose the treatment is comfortable throughout. When finished the domed LED facial bath is removed and the skin is left feeling refreshed. Before finishing the treatment we apply lip & eye cream, a moisturising cream and an SPF.
We recommend that each LED Facial bath lasts around 20 minutes per appointment and 10 weekly sessions or 2 sessions per week for 5 weeks are required. A monthly maintenance treatment is then recommended to top up the results. No “downtime” means this is the perfect treatment to take in your lunch break or anytime!
LED Light Therapy FAQ's
Unlike other light treatments LED does not contain any ultraviolet light which means it is harmless to the skin.
No, there is no UVA or UVB light emitted through the light emitting diodes.
We recommend 10 depending on your skin requirements. Some clients have reported positive changes to their skin after first session. On completion of 10 weekly sessions we recommend a maintenance treatment every 3 – 4 weeks.
Our domed LED Facial Bath does not touch the skin and includes the neck and decolletage area.
Yes due to the non-invasive nature of the treatment, even sensitive skin can be treated.
Yes, this treatment is 100% vegan and cruelty free.
We do not recommend this treatment for use during pregnancy.
The facial is extremely relaxing with no down time and can be used as a stand alone treatment or combined with 1 of our other fabulous facials.
Medical Conditions – Please read before booking your consultation
LED Photo Facial is very safe and suitable for most people however there are certain medical conditions that may not be suitable for treatment.
Contraindications are medical reasons which we need to know about before we can begin your treatment.
- Contraindications may require the treatment be augmented or changed.
- Contraindications may impede the success of the treatment.
- Total contraindications may deem it dangerous for the treatment to go ahead.
- Light induced headaches.
- Photosensitivity is a common side effect of various medications, these include certain antibiotics, chemotherapy drugs, autoimmune drugs and diuretics.
- Hypersensitive skin e.g. sunburn.
- 1st trimester of pregnancy.
- Extremely thin skin.
- Infectious skin condition / disease.
- Allergy to nickel or stainless steel.
- Auto-immune disease (Lupus, Addisons disease, Graves disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis).
- Cold sores.
- Fresh bruising, cuts & abrasions.
- Recent scarring under 3 months.
- Undiagnosed lumps and bumps.
- Blood thinners (Axiban, Diabigatran, Heparin, Rivaroxaban, Warfarin).
- Acne Medicine (Roaccutane).
- Steroid based medications.
- Skin conditions such as Eczema, Psoriasis on face.